The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Did you find Tara's joke funny?
Poll ended at Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:51 am
Yes 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
No 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
Err 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3
 Post subject: Janky Joke?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:51 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 136
Telling a joke has no in-between, you either get a genuine laugh or you end up explaining to people yet again that you aren't having a stroke and did in fact plan those words to come out in that order.

Comedy is very much of it's time and ages very fast. You have to be quick, relevant and know your audience. Nothing worse than joking about a reference and someone doesn't get it, nothing better than joking about a reference and someone gets it.

We don't see Willow and Tara try to be purposefully funny with a formulated joke very much. It seems when fighting to save the world on a regular basis knowing the latest knock knock joke isn't a priority. However there is one occasion Tara makes a joke and only Willow gets it.

Which brings us to this weeks poll -
Did you find Tara's joke funny?

Here is the joke -
You learn her source, and, uh, we'll introduce her to her insect reflection.

Before you answer I'll even let Tara explain because nothing says funny like having to explain a joke

TARA
(much quieter)
That was funny if you've studied
Taglarin mystic rites and... are
a total dork...

TARA
I just thought that'd be funny, you
know, if her power was centered in --

TARA
No, see, 'cause your insect
reflection represents your
insignificance in terms of
the karmic cycle.

ANYA
But it's still not funny.

TARA
No, no, it is, but you have to...
understand the...

ANYA
Let's just start again.
You're explaining it wrong.

Yes - Complete dork.

No - I don't know that Taglarin stuff.

Err - Rather not say. I'm laughing but its mainly because Tara is on the screen making me nervous.

No. The joke is the answer to the series because Ben is Glory's insect reflection. That's not funny, its just Tara being right again but being ignored.
I find the situation funny though, sitting there during her own party explaining the joke to Anya. I don't know if Anya really wants to understand the joke or if Tara really wanted someone who isn't Willow to get the joke.
But it is great that the two people who didn't say anything during the we're family moment (because they already accept Tara no matter demon or not so wasn't needed) are the two Tara takes aside to try and explain it them.
Doesn't matter if the joke didn't land it brings a happy laughter for different reasons. And Tara is on screen.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms