The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Which facet of magic would you have liked to see Tara dive deeper into?
Poll ended at Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:51 am
Astrology 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Aura Reading 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Conjuring 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mediumship 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Precognition 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Other 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
All Of It 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3
 Post subject: Wiccy Witch
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:51 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 136
Knowing how to use student directories, heirloom crystals, questionably shaped crystals, cheesy crystal balls, conducting séances, extra flamey candles, baggies of herbs, powder piles under her bed, uncut pinkie nail, Astrology, Tarot cards, palm reading/identifying, Humour based on mystical texts, broomstick, Aura reading, conjuring jewellery, identifies as wiccan. All this and she’s a woman who can read.

Based on this, Tara is either tripping from the herbs and powders, or is a witch.

More so than Willow, the show displayed various facets of magic through Tara. All be them glimpses so we never got a deep dive into each one. This brings us to this week’s poll:
Which facet of magic would you have liked to see Tara dive deeper into?

Astrology – Everyone loves it when someone asks for your star sign before your name.
Aura Reading – Why use words when you can communicate through colours?
Conjuring – Is it the five finger discount still if the universe kind of allowed it to happen?
Mediumship – They say don’t talk ill of the dead but nothing about the dead not learning to shut up.
Precognition – Imagine the possibilities if she could read Tarot cards, crystal balls and hands instead of identifying them. A Scooby Soothsayer.
Other – It’s not shown in canon but it seems popular to have healing magic, or with Tara’s love of the herbs maybe some herbology, possibly having a grow room, making her own powders. You know Corner Street under a lamppost magic.
All Of It - Jack of all trades, possible master of one?

Id like all of it, to show off her skill range and show the difference in between her natural learning and growth compared to Willows direct emergency action use of magic which gets the most credit and instant gratitude.
For me though the one thing that intrigues me out of all of it is the Precognition.
I don't want her to have visions of future events or even to know specifics, Id just like her intuition seen in series four to be built on more. She can read Tarot cards and palms but like most things just because you know a vague meaning it doesn't mean you know the exact outcome.
It would add to her character more because she actively wants to do those things, it begs the question of why does she want some indication of the future? I think that in itself would have added some self motivation to the character that could allow interaction with others rather than mainly being Willows side piece. But find out you're not a demon and it seems the future doesn't matter. Maybe she never wanted to meddle with precognitive methods. There's a lot of questions surrounding that facet of Tara's magic for me.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms