The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Who would be the best to explain to Anya that it's the year of the rabbit?
Poll ended at Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:39 am
Tara 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Willow 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Both 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Avoidance 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other(Please Say In Comments) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1
 Post subject: Lunar New Year
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:39 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 134
January 22nd marked the beginning of the year of the rabbit.

Why? Well let's have the Wacky Races announcer explain how.

And now, here they are! The most daredevil menagerie of swift swimmers to ever paddle their paws in the Zodiac Races, competing for the title of A year from the Jade Emperor! The animals are approaching the starting line. First is the rat, generous in spirit. Next, Ox, patient, hard worker; manoeuvring for position is the Tiger; right behind is Rabbit, self disciplined and determined. And there's Dragon, ambitiously dreaming. Oh, and here's the lovely Snake, Idealistic and enthusiastic at heart. Next, we have Horse, chasing freedoms. Lurching along is Goat, gentle and graceful; and right on their tail is Monkey. And there's Rooster along with Dog. Squealing along last is Pig, logical thinkers and brilliant problem solvers. Took a while as it ate and slept! And they're the Years!

(Different countries animal selection, may vary).

Rabbits are a topic not to bring up lightly with the company Willow and Tara keep. Not because of the whole they eat, do a singular 'log' poo and then eat that poo to then poo out the little poo pellets because they can't get all the nutrients from one digestion. You know what? Anya might have a point, would you trust someone who has that kind of seconds?

This brings us to this weeks poll,
Who would be the best to explain to Anya that it's the year of the rabbit?

Tara - Has a way of keeping Anya calm but would she have the gusto to tell her?
Willow - Has all the facts but would it end up in an argument making everything worse?
Both - Double team it, assertion from Willow, compassion from Tara.
Avoidance - Both work together to actively make Anya miss any knowledge of what Lunar year it is.
Other - Keep in mind it's a Willow and Tara poll, not an Anya poll. saying Xander defeats the point of how Willow and Tara interact individually over the same issue revolving around a third party.

Tara.
Originally I was thinking both as Willow could kick things off and Tara come in to comfort but then thinking of Triangle, when Anya and Willow are at each others throats, Tara skedaddles. Can't count Older and Far Away because that was less at each others throats and more heavy in context as to why Tara stepped in.
I don't think avoidance is an option, it's not like it's something that would come up in their lives where they could avoid it. it either comes up or it doesn't. I think If Anya found out it would be more of a case of calming than explaining which falls into Tara territory.

Plus Tara and Anya have a fantastic unspoken relationship where they do bring out the vulnerabilities of each other, accept the quirkier aspects of each other that others don't get, while also comforting each other. You see it in Family, The Bargaining, thumb war in Tabula Rasa and a scene in The Weight of the World that should have never been cut.
Spoiler:
INT. XANDER'S APARTMENT - NIGHT

Anya puts a teapot on the stove. Lights it. Tara stands beside her, watching her.

ANYA
Do you like tea? I'm told it's soothing.
Do you need something soothing?
How about some TV?

Tara smiles. Anya picks up the remote proudly. Good idea.

ANYA (cont'd)
Maybe there's Teletubbies or ...

Anya clicks on the TV - and SCREAMS.

ANYA (cont'd)
Aaah!

Tara, seeing Anya scream, SCREAMS.

TARA
Aaahh!!

P.O.V. shot of the TV screen. It's a nature special. Showing BUNNIES peacefully hopping about. Anya fumbles with the remote, shuts the image off.

ANYA
Bunnies.
(shudders, then:)
Back to tea.

Tara says nothing.

ANYA (cont'd)
You okay? I'll be honest - it's a little
hard to tell now that you're all, you
know, crazy.

She takes out two mugs.

ANYA (cont'd)
Honey or lemon? Not sure why I'm
bothering, actually. I could probably
make you a hot cup of angry bees
and you wouldn't know the ...

Tara steps toward Anya. Anya's thrown.

ANYA (cont'd)
What?

Tara just stands there, looking like she wants something. Comfort.

ANYA (cont'd)
What?

Tara awkwardly puts her arms around Anya as she looks to Xander's bedroom door. Anya goes rigid.

ANYA (cont'd)
Oh. Well, this is... um ...

Anya relents. Relaxes. She gently strokes the back of Tara's head, both of them looking to the closed door.

ANYA (cont'd)
She'll be okay.

We hold on the closed bedroom door ...
For that reason, it would fall under best at explaining because Tara would take Anya's concerns as serious to Anya instead of dismissing it as nonsense. I think Anya would respond better to that meaning she would take in the information without trying to annililate the year somehow. At least not immediately anyway.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms