The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Would Tara save five strangers from a burning building or Willow?
Poll ended at Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:20 am
Five Strangers 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Willow 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 3
 Post subject: Combustion Conundrum 2
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:20 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 135
Beep! Beep! Beep!
Nope not the the apocalypse again, good job on checking your smoke alarms so they worked this week though, keep it up.

Same situation as last week, the roles are reversed.

Willow and Tara are in a burning building and logistically can only save their significant other or five strangers.

Would Tara save five strangers from a burning building or Willow?

Five Strangers = Tara doesn't know them but five lives are more than one.
Willow - IT'S WILLOW! (Insert something positive, everything I'm coming up with sounds sarcastic, okay maybe not sounds but straight up sarcasm.)

I keep umming and ahing over this one. Its very obvious Willows physical protectiveness of Tara but the other way round, I wouldn't say its not present but it is more subtle.
Hush, Tara has a protective arm around Willow supporting her down the steps.
Triangle, Tara does go and check the training room to see if Willow is there however she runs to Buffy and waits for her instruction to then go find Willow. Now I'm not using this to say Tara didn't want to go find Willow, its purely a contrast to how we see Willow act in Tough Love when knowing Tara was in danger. much less subtle.
The Bargaining - Tara slays her first demon to protect Willow, Definite display of not avoiding danger to protect Willow. She also protects Anya in this episode so there is a display of wanting to help protect others not just Willow.
Normal Again - Sees Willow tied up and instant reaction to go and protect her despite what they've been going through in their relationship.

But then I interject myself with 'Protection doesn't mean punching someone in the face.' Its true there is emotional protection, we see plenty of times Tara soothing Willow or trying to find an alternative thought path so the worries don't seem so bad, same goes vice versa with Willow for Tara.

Then I'm thinking to myself, why am I trying to define if Tara would save someone. the question clearly states she is saving someone so if she is willing to put herself in danger to protect someone isn't in question here. or perhaps it is in regards for fighting to save the strangers lives. Who are these strangers and why would they be more important than Willow (they exist, shhh try to be impartial).

These strangers could be criminals, paragons of humanity, perfectly average people with zero big picture impact or they could have even started the fire. So now how to I manipulate this into working in my favour. What if I make these strangers wide eyed hungry orphans all in tatty school uniforms quietly singing nursery rhymes to keep their spirits up as they wait for their rescue or demise. Then I think dead eyed kids singing in unison is creepy and to shut the door and walk away without looking back. Then it hits me I don't have to manipulate this because I'm not Tara and Tara has something I don't have (A conscience. Shhh you.)

From start to finish (There is no finish! you are correct, no shhh for you) I believe Tara has an unwavering belief that no matter what happens Willow can and will overcome anything and everything. I believe Tara would believe that Willow can save herself.

Based on this unwavering belief I would say Tara would save the five strangers. (You going to ignore the fact you want Willow not to be saved, and that due to the nature of this site, the poll will likely be a Willow clean sweep so you're trying to be devil advocate to create discussion/challenge character view points? Yes, we will ignore that)

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms