The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Who has gained the worst In-Laws
Poll ended at Fri May 13, 2022 1:41 am
Willow 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
Tara 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Both Bad 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Irrelevant, The Scoobies are their family 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
I have a different opinion (Please say in comments) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3
 Post subject: "We're Family"
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 1:41 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 131
Willow and Tara aren't known for having great parents. Willow's seem neglectful and simultaneously overbearing, while Tara's are mentally and indicated physically abusive. Not exactly the kind of family's you want to marry into.

Now it would be difficult to say who has the worst parents as its unique to each characters upbringing and what doesn't seem bad to one seems horrific to the other. Upbringing's are complicated. But what happens when you meet the people who brought the person you admire into the world and raised them into the person they are.

You have complete fresh eyes to look at your in-laws, no emotional obligations. What does Willow and Tara's fresh eyes tell them.

Who has gained the worst in-laws?

Willow - Met when finding out they abused Tara. Not great as first impressions go. But it seems like they aren't going to be part of their lives going forward. Willow is use to neglectful parents so why not in laws too.

Tara - The upstanding Jewish family in the neighbourhood. Well educated and while emotionally they let their daughter go without, materially they seemed to provide. Not having that emotional relationship with her own family would it matter that she doesn't have it with her in laws too.

Both Bad - Its never going to be an extended family of hugs and puppy dogs.

Irrelevant, The Scoobies are their family - Neither can call their biologicals family. They share their family with the Scoobies. Its not incest.

I have a different opinion - Please say in comments

I've gone for Irrelevant, the Scoobies are their family. I would say though, Willow would still count her biologicals as family and I think to a regretful extent Tara would still count her biologicals as family too. Tara has had interaction with Shelia (Its indicated), I doubt Willow would have anything to do with the Maclays. If looking for a meaningful connection they didn't have with their parents, neither are going to get it fulfilled by their in-laws. They will have it fulfilled by the Scoobies. In that sense its Irrelevant, In-Laws is just a label, they aren't what Willow and Tara define as family therefore they are gaining nothing, neither good or bad.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms