The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Who is the more lenient parent to Dawn?
Poll ended at Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:38 am
Tara 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Willow 100%  100%  [ 3 ]
Equal 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I have a different opinion! (Please say in comments) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3
 Post subject: "Not in a Miss Minchin's Select Seminary For Girls way"
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:38 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 134
Tara and Willow were undoubtedly, awesome surrogate parents to Dawn between series 5 and 6.
I mean Dawn lost her mum, her sister sacrificed herself for her, A whole existential crisis (I imagine) not knowing what she is now no key is needed. But yet she still went to school and seemed pretty happy for the most part. On the surface at least. She was trying.

Their parenting style seemed nurturing while not overbearing. Both lenient but who was the most lenient parent to Dawn during that time period?

Tara - Has a lot of similarities with Dawn and is always a sympathetic ear however she understands the need for discipline.

Willow - Has shown a lax approach to discipline with Dawn, even allowing her to foray into witchcraft. However she can also be an explosive fiery little red head when her temper gets the best of her.

Equal - They are lenient in their own way in different parenting aspects, it all balances out.

Other opinion - Maybe you think all the scoobies count as her surrogate parents.

By a cats whisker (Would say bee's dick but doubt many know the Morgana Robinson reference) I'm going with Willow as most lenient. I think mainly its due to distraction, She is trying to be leader of the gang, working on Buffybot, Still likely has school work. The grief of Buffy. I don't think she will get held up on the small stuff like forgetting to do a chore or leaving her shoes in the way. No time to check up on Dawn to make sure she is where she says she is, where as I think Tara would be all over it. A proper mum stare down until a bowl is washed in the sink and not just placed beside it kind of deal.
Big things they would work together but the little things I think Willow would willingly let slide.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms